DUET refers to Delhi University Entrance Test which is an online test conducted by the National Testing Agency. Here we will discuss about the DUET Entrance Exam Info that one needs to know.
This entrance exam is for the students who are seeking admission in undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., and MPhil. This entrance exam offers admission for various courses of undergraduate courses like BA(Hons) in Multimedia and Mass Communication, BA(Hons) in Humanities and Social science, BA(Hons) Business economics, BMS, BBA, BTech. Postgraduate courses include BEd, MCA, MSC, MA, etc.
There are 45 top colleges of Delhi that accept the DUET score, some of them include St Stephens, Lady Shri Ram College for women, Hindu College, and many more.
This exam is conducted once a year, the mode of the test is online and the duration of that is for 2 hours. But in this article, I'm going to focus on the undergraduate courses that are BA Hons Multimedia and Mass Communication and BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences. We will see the eligibility, syllabus, and paper pattern of both the courses one by one.
DUET Entrance Exam Eligibility:
- DUET eligibility criteria for BA Hons Humanities and Social Sciences: Students should at least score 60% aggregate in four subjects in class 12.
- DUET eligibility criteria for BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Candidates must clear 12th from a recognized university or board with 75% aggregate in four subjects and must secure 85% in English subject.
DUET Entrance Exam Paper Pattern:
- The DUET exam is an online MCQ based test for a duration of 2 hours. The total marks of this paper are 400 marks and the number of questions asked is 100.
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- The DUET Entrance Exam paper pattern for BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences are as follows:
There are 6 sections in this paper that include:
- General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Analytical Ability
The paper pattern for BA Hons Multimedia and Mass Communication are as follows:
There are 6 sections in this paper:
- General Awareness
- Media Awareness
- Current Affairs
- English Comprehension
- Grammatical skills
- Analytical skills
DUET Entrance Exam Syllabus
Let's look at the DUET Entrance Exam syllabus of each section and important topics related to that section below.
- General Awareness:
- Indian Polity
- Indian History
- Miscellaneous(Dance, sports, awards)
2. Current Affair topics:
- COVID 19
- Citizen Amendment Act
- National Register for students
- Article 270
- Environmental Convention
- New acts passed by Parliament
- Triple Talaq Bill
- Issues concerning elections
- India and Shanghai cooperation Organisation
- Interstate Water Disputes
- Artificial Intelligence
- Rural women development
- Women safety
3. General knowledge:
- International events
- UN bodies
- Major areas in the development of sports, geopolitics, and environmental agreements.
- Current Affair
- Eminent personalities
- Awards and honors
4. English Comprehension/Grammar:
This section tests the vocabulary and reading skills of the candidate.
The questions will be based on passages and you need to answer the questions from the passage. In this section, your reading speed should be maximum.
- Reading Comprehension
- Inference based questions
- Word usage
- Foreign words and phrases
- Para jumbles
5. Logical Reasoning:
- Blood relation
- Critical Reasoning
6. Analytical Analysis:
- Data Arrangements
- Seating Arrangements
- Statements and Conclusion
- Legal Statement and Relationships
- Persons and events
DUET Entrance Exam Examtips
To crack the exam with ease, candidates must follow a good DUET Entrance Exam preparation strategy.
1. Analysis of syllabus and Paper Pattern
Have proper knowledge about the paper pattern and syllabus of this exam. You cannot prepare well until you have a proper idea about the syllabus of this examination. Analyze each and every section and prepare each section thoroughly.
2. Accumulate study resources
Accumulate all the study material needed for the examination and start studying early. Prepare a timetable as it will make your preparation more disciplined.
3. Prepare smartly
Smart Preparation plays a very important role in securing good marks. Select the topics which appear to be having a high weightage of marks. Prepare notes for important topics and take the help of the previous year's paper.
4. Study Vocabulary
Studying new words every day will help you in reading comprehension and language skills. Reading books like ``Word Power made easy" will be really helpful.
5. Time Management
While preparing for this examination prepare a timetable and distribute equal timing for each section.
6. Take breaks while studying
Taking breaks while studying can improve your study habits because studying for a longer time might make you feel demotivated, but avoid taking a whole day breaks as less as possible.
7. Practice mock papers
One of the most important DUET Entrance Exam Examtips is to practice. Practice mock paper as much as possible, it makes you more confident for attempting your papers.
I hope you follow the above tips and score well for the DUET exam. You can refer to this complete DUET Entrance Exam Info to boost your preparation. If you are consistent in your study and have a proper study plan you can get a score above your expectations and get into top Delhi colleges. Good Luck!