The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are a group of public medical colleges that have been declared as institutes that are of national importance. AIIMS conducts the national level entrance exam to offer admission into MBBS programmes in order to the test qualifying aspirants. These qualifying aspirants will get admission in various AIIMS institutions located in New Delhi, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Patna, Jodhpur, Guntur, Nagpur, Raipur and Bhubaneshwar. It is among the top medical colleges in India. AIIMS has comprehensive facilities for teaching, research and patient care. It conducts teaching programmes in medical and para-medical courses both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and awards it's own degrees. It also runs a college of nursing and trains students for BSc (Hons) Nursing post-certificate degrees.
Admission in the AIIMS MBBS programmes is one of the most sought after dream for many aspirants. Bagging a seat here is considered a stepping stone towards a successful medical career.
Below mentioned are all the necessary details you need to know regarding AIIMS examination.
Exam Name : AIIMS MBBS
Conducting Body : All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Official Website : mbbs.aiimsexams.org
Exam Type : National Level
Mode of Application : Online
Exam Mode : Computer Based Test
Duration : 3 hours 30 minutes
Number of Seats : 1207
AIIMS MBBS Helpline : email@example.com | 1800117898
It is a must that aspirants must fulfill the criteria given below before applying for AIIMS MBBS examination:
- All the candidates must be Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals.
- Candidates belonging to Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category should be registered under Section 7A of Indian Citizenship Act 1955 and they must submit their registration proof while applying for admissions.
- Candidates applying for admission to AIIMS MBBS entrance examination should have completed a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Candidates should have appeared and passed class 12th board exam or equivalent examination recognised by AIIMS Delhi.
- It is mandatory for candidates to have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in class 11th-12th.
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC categories should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the above mentioned subjects while those belonging to SC, ST and OPH categories are entitled to a relaxation of 10%.
- Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exams are also eligible.
EXAM PAPER PATTERN
- The question paper will consist of 200 MCQs and Reason-Assertion type questions.
- A correct answer/response will account to 1 mark while an incorrect response will attract a penalty of 1/3 marks.
Number of questions
Botany and Zoology
Aptitude and logical thinking
AIIMS MBBS Reservation Criteria 2020
- A certain percentage of seats in AIIMS are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates.
- In the six new AIIMS (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh) with intake of 100 students each and 50 students each in AIIMS Nagpur and Guntur the reservation policy followed is tabulated below :
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Non-Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)
People with Benchmark Disability (PWBD)
Important Points :
- In AIIMS Delhi, there are 100 seats for Indian Nationals and 7 for Foreign Nationals
- If SC/ ST seats remain vacant, they shall be converted to general category seats.
AIIMS MBBS Registration
AIIMS has revised the entire form filling procedure. From this year, it will be a two-stage process. The registration process comprises of:
- AIIMS Basic Registration
- Visit the official website if AIIMS MBBS i.e. aiimsexams.org
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab
- Enter all the basic details in the given format.
- Upload photo and signature after scanning
- AIIMS Final Registration
- After completing the basic registration a code for final registration will be issued to the registrants.
- Use the same to login again and fill the form which will be released about three months ahead of AIIMS MBBS Exam along with the prospectus.
- Candidates are required to fill out the entire details of their personal, professional and academic background.
- They will also have to remit the application fee as per their category.
- Make payment of your application fee in online mode or via bank challan
- Recheck the filled AIIMS application form and take multiple printouts for future use.
- APPLICATION FEES The application fee for
- general and OBC categories is INR 1500 and for
- SC/ST candidates is INR 800.
- MODE OF APPLICATION The mode of application is online.
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
- Candidates who have successfully registered for AIIMS MBBS examination shall be issued their admit card in online mode.
- Enter your application number and password to access the document.
- Here you will be provided information about the venue, time and shift of the exam.
- STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AIIMS MBBS ADMIT CARD
- Visit the official website of aiimsexams.org
- Click on the link for ‘AIIMS MBBS Admit card’
- Enter the Application Number and Password in the log-in page.
- Re-check all the details are correct and then enter “Submit”
- View the admit card and verify the details present on it.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates are advised to verify all the entries in the admit card such as name, address, exam roll number, photograph, signature, allotted exam centre, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the completion of admission process, as it will be required at the time of AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling for identity verification.