The ongoing situation of the pandemic is an unprecedented situation for everyone. This has not only given rise to confusion and commotion but also a worrisome situation that has caused a word wide distress. In the wake of the pandemic we have also seen many of the crucial examinations being postponed, one of which is the most awaited UGC NET 2020.
The government is taking the best efforts to carry out the examination in order to pay indemnity towards the hard work of the students even if that means exams being delayed.
The first and foremost step in ensuring a seat to appear the esteemed examination is by filling up the application form. However filling up the application form can be a sweating task for some students as even a thought of making a single mistake can be very intimidating.
So here is a step by step guide on how to fill the UGC NET 2020 application form.
Before filling the UGC NET 2020 application form, you must be well versed with all the required documents and keep them ready to avoid the unnecessary hassle. Following are the documents you will require to fill up the UGC NEET 2020 application form.
- University certificate/ copy of board for Candidates’ name, parent’s name, and Date of Birth (D.O.B).
- Aadhar Card
- Any Id proof (Bank A/c number/ passport number/ ration card/other govt. ID)
- Qualifying degree certificate/ last year mark sheet
- Residence address
- 4 choices of cities
- NET subject code
- Subject code at Post Graduation (PG) level
- Post Graduation course code
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Valid Email ID & mobile number
- Passport size photographs
The UGC NET 2020 application form unfolds itself in 5 sections viz., Registration, Form filling, Uploading the necessary documents, Payment of fees and printing the confirmation page.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of NTA and go to the UGC NET section.
- Click on “New Registration” option.
- the declaration thoroughly and click on the "Proceed to apply” button.
- Fill the required details in the fields correctly and create a password by choosing a security question and entering an answer for the question.
- After filling the required details, click “Submit” button.
Step 2: Fill Application Form
- Applicants are required to fill the application form with following details:
- Educational Details: Applied for, subject opted for NET, Choosing 4 exam cities.
- Personal Information: Candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, category, mobile number, email id, Aadhaar number.
- Candidates Mailing Address: Address, locality, city, district, town, state, pin code and candidate’s permanent address.
- Details of Educational Qualification: Post graduate examination, examination appearing/passed, subjects of post graduate examination, post-graduation from, state & name of university, passing year, whether M.Phil. passed or whether PHD passed.
2. Click the “Submit” button after filling all the correct details.
3. Review your filled information carefully.
4. Tick the box and accept the declaration.
5. Click on the “Submit” button.
The system will now display the application number and password which will be used for further login as these login credentials will be the only way to access your application form. It is mandatory to store this certified information and avoid sharing it with others.
Step 3: Upload Scanned Documents
- Applicants are required to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in specified format and dimension.
- The scanned image of photograph & signature should only be in JPEG/JPG format. The size of photograph should be in between 4 KB to 50 KB. Photograph dimension should be 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm. The size of signature should be in between 4 KB to 30 KB. Signature dimension should be 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- On successfully uploading the document applicants must preview them.
- Once completed click on the “Final upload” button.
Step 4: Fee Payment
- The application fee can be paid through online mode only.
- Applicants are required to select the payment provider as per their convenience.
- After successful payment of application fee, the application form will get submitted on the portal.
Step 5: Print Confirmation Page
This serves a proof of application and payment. Hence it is imperative that after successful payment, applicants are advised to take print of the confirmation page and store it. It also suggested to save this application form in the form of a soft copy.
Make your UGC NET Exam 2020 application form filling process an easier one and avoid all possible mistakes by following these simple steps.
All the best!