The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts various board and entrance examinations. CBSE is a national board that deals with arts, medical and engineering entrance exams. These entrance exams help the students in gaining admission to top colleges in India. The board exams are conducted for classes 10th and 12th.
Students often ponder over a question i.e. how to prepare for board exams for class 10th CBSE 2020. Securing a good percentage is very necessary as these marks might be helpful in doing further studies or applying for jobs. Below are some of the effective board exam tips and tricks that the students can follow in order to secure 100% marks in CBSE class 10th boards.
1. Hansika Shukla, a CBSE topper 2019 has undertaken the following strategies:
- Start studying beforehand i.e. read and go through the syllabus and list out your weak areas. Start preparing from these areas because they will require more time than the other topics.
- You must start preparing for the exams one month in advance. This will help you in completing the syllabus and you will have ample time for revision.
- Take short breaks in between studies. Do not study at a stretch of 4 – 5 hours as that might be tiresome and exhausting. Take regular breaks of 10 – 15 minutes to clear up and refresh your mind.
- Taking such breaks helps in boosting the concentration power and the student is able to focus better on studies
2. Taru Jain, CBSE topper tells about her experience while preparing for the exams:
- Plan whatever you do. Make a time schedule and follow it religiously. Study time – table for class 10th CBSE board helps you in preparing for the exams. Time – table helps in better time management.
- Pick up 2 – 3 topics per day and try and complete them so that the syllabus is completed within time.
3. Shivani Lath, 10th topper when asked about her success mantra, she revealed the following points that she followed in order to score good marks.
- Rely on constant revision i.e. revise repeatedly after completing a topic. For instance, if you have completed a particular topic, say trigonometry then you need to practice it after every 2 days so that the formulas and equations are intact in your memory. Constantly revise the topics to secure good marks in board exams.
- Do not limit yourself to class notes. Make your own notes and also refer to the notes which are provided online on various sites. Read those notes and clarify your doubts. Also making your own notes help you in better understanding and relating to the subjects.
4. Apoorva Jain, also a 10th CBSE topper lays emphasis on the following points:
- Manage your time i.e. make a proper time – table and start following it so that you get more time for revision. Give a reasonable amount of time to the subjects and list out the doubts that you have. Then clear those doubts by referring to NCERT and helping books.
- Maintain regularity i.e. do not waste your time doing other things. If you want to score good marks, you must maintain regularity. Give at-least 7 – 10 hours of time and study daily. In this way, you will be consistent in your work.
How to prepare for Maths board exam class 10th 2020?
The above-mentioned preparation strategies are some of the topper’s point of view to prepare for the exams. Undertaking the correct preparation strategies is very important. Once you have scored good marks, they will help you in shaping your future. Below are some of the class 10th preparation tips for the Maths exam:
1. Pay attention to fundamental studies. Read your NCERT books repeatedly as they serve as the base for various concepts. Read and practice from these books and clear your fundamentals.
2. Refer to the secondary material i.e. you must take help from the reference books. Reference books contain a detailed explanation of various topics. So you can refer to these books if you have any doubts regarding a particular topic or chapter.
3. Memorize i.e. write down all the formulas and equations in one notebook so that it is easier to revise at the time of the exam. Memorize all the formulas that will help you in preparing for the exams. You can resolve many problem–solving questions if you memorize formulas and equations.
4. Practice previous years question papers, sample papers and mock tests as they will help you in preparing for the exam. By solving these papers you might get a fair view regarding the exam pattern and structure. You can also take online tests that are available on official sites to manage your time better.
There are some more preparation tips that you can undertake in order to prepare for the exams.
1. Watch YouTube tutorials in case you have doubts. Sometimes, the visual representation can help you in understanding various things that you might not understand by referring to books. Therefore, watch videos in case you are not able to comprehend a particular topic or a chapter.
2. Thoroughly, practice the diagrams and graphs i.e. practice and memorize the diagrams related to various subjects so that you are able to remember it till the exam date. For instance, in biology various diagrams like the digestive system, the reproduction system etc are complex. Therefore, you need to practice diagrams to help in preparing for the exams.
3. The last 20 days are of utmost importance. Therefore, you need to need to devote 12 – 14 hours to practice and revision. Revise what you have studied the entire month and pay special attention to your weak areas and doubts to secure good marks in the 10th board exams.
The above-mentioned pointers are preparation strategies and tips that you can undertake in order to secure good marks in the 10th boards.
Now, students here ponder over a question i.e. how to prepare for board exams class 12th? Well, the answer to this question is that, these tips can also be followed for preparing for the class 12th board exam or any other exam. Board exams are important as they shape our future. We can apply to top universities if we get good marks in exams. Both private and government jobs require 10th and 12th class marks. Therefore, it is important to secure good marks and for that, you can follow the preparation tips stated above.