The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts various entrance and board examinations for classes 10th and 12th. The entrance examinations include AIEEE, AIPMT and CAT. Students who wish to have a career in Arts, Medical Science and Engineering can apply for these examinations. But before this, let’s talk about the syllabus of class 10th CBSE 2020 – 21 for all the class 10 students.
Class 10th is very necessary, so the students are advised to prepare well in advance for the exams. The new syllabus of class 10th CBSE 2020 – 21 has been released on the official site. The schools following the CBSE board are also provided the new syllabus so that the teachers can adhere to it and complete the syllabus on time.
NCERT Class 10th Syllabus 2020 – 21
The CBSE board has revised the syllabus for Class 10th. Some chapters have been reduced from various subjects. Below is the list of subjects and the related syllabus.
- Number Systems
- Stats & Probability
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Moving Things, Ideas & People
- The World of Living
- Natural Phenomena
- Natural Resources
The class 10th Science syllabus 2020 – 21 proves to be a stepping stone in preparing for the exams. This syllabus will help you in being well – versed with the subjects. Science is considered as one of the difficult subjects but knowing and studying the syllabus will help you in achieving good marks.
- Grammar: Active Voice & Passive Voice, Clauses (Nouns, Adverb Clauses and Relative) and Prepositions.
- Literature (First Flight): Trees, Frogs, Mijbil the Otter, For Anne Greygory, How to tell Wild Animals.
- Literature (Footprints without Feet): The Midnight Visitor, A Question of Trust, The Book that saved the Earth.
2. Hindi Course – A:
- Apathit Gadyansh & Kavyansh
- Pad Parichay
- Vakya Bhed
Hindi Course – B:
- Kshitij & Kritika (Part – 2)
- गद्य खंड: क्षक्षततज से तनधााररत पाठों में से विषय-िस्तु का ज्ञान बोध, अमभव्यष्तत आदद पर चार प्रश्न पूछे जाएँगे ।
- काव्य खंड: क्षक्षततज से तनधााररत कविताओं के आधार पर विद्याचर्थायों का काव्यबोध परखने हेतुतीन प्रश्न पूछे जाएँगे।
- पूरक पाठ्यपस्ुतक कृततका भाग – 2: कृततका के तनधााररत पाठों पर आधाररत दो प्रश्न पछे ू जाएँगे ।
- लेखन: िमभन्न विषयों और संदभो पर विद्याचर्थायों के तका संगत विचार प्रकि करने की क्षमता को परखने के मलए संकेत त्रबदं ओु ं पर आधाररत समसामतयक एिं व्यािहाररक जीिन से जुडे हुए तीन विषयों में से ककसी एक विषय पर 80 से 100 शब्दों में अनुच्छेद लेखन ।
- अमभव्यष्तत की क्षमता पर के ष्न्द्रत औपचाररक अर्थिा अनौपचाररक विषयों में से ककसी एक विषय पर पत्र ।
- विषय से संबंचधत 25-50 शब्दों के अंतगात विज्ञापन लेखन ।
- संदेश लेखन (शुभकामना, पिा-त् योहारों एिं विशेष अिसरों पर ददए जाने िाले संदेश) (30-40 शब्दों में)
3. Information Technology:
- Basics of Human Technology
- Cyber Safety
- Office Tools
- Lab Exercises
The computer applications subject includes a wide variety of practical knowledge. Students here learn to practically imply these computer tools which will help them further in higher studies.
4. Social Science:
- Nationalism in Europe
- Nationalist Movement in Indo – China
- Nationalism in India: Civil Disobedience Movement
- Industrialisation 1850s – 1950s
- Urbanisation & Urban Lives
- Trade & Globalization
- Print Culture & Nationalism
- History of the Novel
- Resources and Development
- Forest & Wildlife Resources
- Minerals & Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries
- Lifelines of National Economy
- Water Resources
- Political Science:
- Working of Democracy
- Outcomes of Democracy
- Challenges to Democracy
- Competitions and Contestations in Democracy
- Power Sharing Mechanisms in Democracy
- Sectors of Indian Economy
- Money & Credit
- Consumer Rights
- Globalization & Indian Economy
The CBSE class 10th syllabus 2020 – 21 SST is helpful in preparing for the examinations. The students get a clear picture of democracy and its phases. It is important for students to know about the country and its future prospects. Thus, the social science subjects give a fair view of History, Geography and Economy of the nation.
The above – mentioned syllabus is the reduced syllabus of class 10th CBSE 2020 – 21. Students can see the deleted portion of the syllabus on the CBSE’s official website i.e. www.cbse.nic.in.
The exams conducted by the CBSE boards are very important. To prepare for the 10th board, it is important to know well in advance the syllabus of each and every subject. Class 10th CBSE syllabus 2020 -21 has been revised and updated.. Knowing the syllabus is the first step in preparing for the exams. This will help you in listing out your weak areas and the topics that are time – consuming. Thus, it is important to know and go through the syllabus in order to prepare for the examination.
Class 12 (PCB)
Class 12 (PCM)