SSC MTS is a national level competitive examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. This exam is conducted for recruiting Multi – Tasking Staff in various departments and ministries of the Central Government. The posts include General Central Service Group ‘C’, Non – Ministerial post in various departments etc. Here we will discuss some preparation tips for SSC MTS Exam 2020 for all the aspirants.
But before that let's look at some important points regarding the SSC MTS Exam:
- The Name of the exam: SSC MTS 2020 (Multi Tasking Staff)
- This exam is conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission)
- The official site is: www.ssc.nic.in.
- It is a central level recruitment exam.
- The exam consists of Paper – 1(Online) & Paper – 2 (Offline)
- Paper – 1 consists of 200 MCQs and Paper – 2 consists of Letter/Essay Writing.
- You should pass the 10th standard in order to apply for the exam.
Important Dates for the Exam
SSC MTS Notification release date
Delayed / To be announced
Delayed / To be announced
SSC MTS Paper - 1 Exam Date
Oct 26, 2020
SSC MTS Paper – 2 Exam Date
Mar 01, 2020
Preparation Strategy for SSC MTS Exam 2020: Paper – 1
Paper – 1 consists of four sections:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning
- English Comprehension
- Aptitude Section
In order to crack crack SSC MTS Exam 2020 one needs to know the syllabus:
1. General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning
- Visual memory
- Relationship Concept
- Blood relations
- Non-Verbal Series
- Similarities & Differences
2. Aptitude Section
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Tables & Graphs.
3. English Comprehension
- English Vocabulary
- Reading Comprehension
- English Grammar
- Sentence creation, Structure & Completion
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Idioms & Phrases
4. General Awareness
- Current Affairs
Preparation Strategies for SSC MTS Exam 2020: Paper – 1
1. General Awareness
You need to read newspapers, magazines and books to have a fair view. Read about day-to-day things happening in and around the country. You must also read and know about the Economy, GDP and the Educational Sectors etc of the country.
2. General English
You can memorize the lists of Idioms, Phrases, Synonyms and Antonyms. Practice mock tests and sample papers from workbooks. You can enhance your vocabulary and grammar by reading books or newspapers.
3. General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning
This section might be time-consuming so to manage time practice sample papers. Also you can enhance your abilities by solving different types of questions from practice books.
4. Aptitude Section
Numerical questions can be difficult at times; therefore you need to be prepared well in advance before the SSC MTS Exam. This section is mostly time-consuming; therefore, proper management of time is required. Candidates should list out their weak areas and work on them.
Preparation Strategies for SSC MTS Exam 2020 - Paper – 2
This paper consists of only one section i.e. Letter / Essay Writing. Therefore, you must be prepared. Try and follow up with the latest format and letter writing styles. You must read various letters or essays in order to get a fair view of the same. You should stick to the subject of the letter / essay. Finally, you can enhance your vocabulary and grammar to write good essays / letters by reading books and solving sample papers.
General Tips to crack SSC MTS Exam 2020
- Make a schedule to follow up and for completing the syllabus well before time.
- List out your weak areas and start preparing.
- For better time management solve previous year papers, mock tests & sample papers.
- Note down important points to revise after the completion of syllabus.
The SSC MTS Exam ranges from easy to moderate. The aptitude and reasoning section might be a bit time-consuming. Therefore, you are advised to be well-prepared before the exam so that not much time is spent on these areas. Thoroughly practice through practice books, worksheets & sample papers. Read about current affairs and enhance your vocabulary by reading books and newspapers. For further information or queries, you can log on to www.ssc.nic.in.