The SSC GD stands for Staff Selection Commission General Duty exam. This exam is conducted by SSC and comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Thousands of candidates apply for this job and the recruitment is conducted yearly. The salary is quite high for SSC GD as it comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. The basic pay ranges from Rs.27000/- to Rs. 70,000/-. Here we will discuss the SSC GD Career growth for all the aspiring candidates.
SSC GD Posts:
You can apply for the post of Constable GD in:
- BSF (Border Security Force)
- CISF (Central Industrial Security Force)
- ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force)
- SSB (Sahastra Seema Bal)
- CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)
- NIA (National Investigation Agency)
SSC MTS Salary structure:
The Pay Scale of SSC GD ranges from Rs. 21,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- The table below shows the detailed information regarding salary.
SSC GD Salary
House Rent Allowance
SSC GD Job Profile
Here we will discuss about SSC GD Job profile. Salary is directly proportional to responsibilities i.e. the responsibility of an SSC GD increases with an increment in the salary. SSC GD is initially recruited as a guard. He supervises all the tasks on the behalf of Sub – Inspector. He works under the supervision of SHO (Station House Officer) and might get some investigation cases to solve.
1. GD Constable in BSF: GD Constable has roles and responsibilities. They have to protect the border and promote a sense of protection among people living near the border. They also have the responsibility to prevent crimes like smuggling or trafficking or any illegal activity.
2. GD Constable in CISF: The job of GD Constable in CISF is to provide protection to PSUs and other important infrastructures. They also have to take care of Delhi Metro. They also serve as in-charge of airport security and other airports.
3. GD Constable in ITBP: Their job is to protect the Indo – China border. They are also responsible for the prevention of war. GD Constables try to maintain peace and promote a sense of protection. They also check for crimes like smuggling, trafficking or any illegal activity.
4. GD Constable in SSB: GD Constables help in preventing cross border crimes. They keep a check on illegal activities across the border.
5. GD Constable in SSF: This unit includes recruitment of guards at secretary gates & other places.
SSC GD Promotion
SSC GD Promotion is provided with a good pay scale. A GD is promoted to Senior Head Constable. There are various posts on which a GD is promoted. They are:
- Senior Constable
- Assistant Sub – Inspector
- Head Constable
- Sub – Inspector
These promotions include allowances and perks along with the In – Hand Salary.
Their is a huge scope for SSC GD career growth and opportunity. The pay scale is high and you get promoted yearly. The responsibilities also increase with increase in the pay scale. You can also apply for the departmental exams to gain promotion. But mostly promotion is provided on the basis of work experience and service years. Therefore, to gain a position in SSC GD posts you have to appear for the examinations. For further details and other queries you can log on to www.ssc.nic.in.