Class 5 is a primary class wherein students learn about the changes that they are going to witness in the senior sections. Students of the primary section are given an introduction in Class 5 as to what they will be studying in secondary sections. Students are introduced to various core subjects and activities too. But for now, let’s just focus on studies. Students of Class 5 go through a lot of transformations while they enter class 6.
Exams of Class 5 are pretty much difficult. Parents often pressurize their children to study hard and gain good marks. But it’s not just about pressure. Students on their part are somewhat scared as to how they can prepare for the exams. Students often ask themselves a question i.e. how many hours should I study in Class 5?
Well, a valid question but a typical one. According to Jayaprakash Gandhi, a career consultant in Tamil Nadu asserts that a child of Class 5 must not spend beyond four hours in school. But schools in India are for 6 – 8 hours depending upon the section of a student i.e. primary, secondary or senior secondary.
Let us understand how many hours a student should study with the help of a table.
ACTIVITY / DAILY ROUTINE
5:30 A.M – 6:00 A.M
Wake and freshen up.
Get ready and have breakfast.
8:00 A.M – 2:00 P.M
Reach school and attend your classes.
2:30 P.M – 3:00 P.M
Reach home & have your lunch.
4:00 P.M – 5:00 P.M
Take some rest and play something. It is best to play outside as that will refresh your mind.
5:30 P.M – 8:00 P.M
Revise whatever you have studied in school and do your homework. Give at least half an hour to each subject. Do not rush things. Study at your own pace.
8:30 P.M – 9:00 P.M
Have your Dinner and watch some television as you like.
9:00 P.M – 10:00 P.M
Go to sleep.
This a rough draft of a class 5 student’s daily routine. Well, let us come back to our question i.e. how many hours should a class 5 student study? As you can see above, apart from the school hours, a class 5 student must only study for three to four hours. Students must study as much as they want to. Three to four hours is enough for a class 5 student to study.
In the 5th standard, students learn a lot of things. Students recognize their hobbies at this stage i.e. calligraphy, poetry writing, short story writing, etc. But apart from the subjects, activities and study hours, students also wonder as to what study tips must be applied in order to gain a good percentage. Let us take a look at some study tips that can be employed for the preparation of exams.
1. Pay attention to your class. You must make class notes and refer to them at the time of exams. Pay attention to your classroom lectures and ask the teachers in case a doubt arises.
2. Take proper notes as that will help you in preparing better for the exams. Refer them at the time of exams.
3. Make a schedule for all the subjects and follow a proper time table. Following a time–table will help you in preparing for the exams. You must start preparing for your exams well in advance so that it doesn’t become difficult for you to study and memorize at the last minute.
4. Do not exhaust yourself by studying at a stretch for 4 – 5 hours. Study at your own pace and do not rush things.
5. Ask for the help of your teachers in case you are stuck on a particular question.
6. Getting a good night’s sleep is one of the most important aspects. If you sleep well, it will automatically refresh your mind. With a refreshed mind, you can effectively prepare for the exams.
These are the study tips for class 5 students. Class 5 is one of the important stages/classes in a student’s life. In order to prepare for the exams, students can follow the above-mentioned study tips. Students must note that they must not over-study so much so that they get exhausted. Students must study at their own pace and complete the syllabus on time in order to get a good percentage.
Best study Timetable for class 5 students