The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a public hospital and a research institute in New Delhi. Every year, thousands of students apply for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in this research university. The UG entrance exam is ranged from medium to difficult. Students prepare for these undergraduate entrance exams in order to be a researcher or a doctor.
The AIIMS UG entrance exam consists of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and General Knowledge. The General Knowledge section consists of 10 questions each. Students can work on their general awareness skills by reading newspapers, books, watching news channels etc. Below is the AIIMS entrance exam syllabus that includes the following topics.
- India Independence
- International Organizations
- Computer Science
- Current Affairs
The AIIMS GK syllabus contains 10 – 20 questions that test the reasoning ability of the students. The best book to prepare for the GK exam is MTG’s General Knowledge Aptitude and Logical Thinking for AIIMS. It is the most precise book including objective–type questions that are required by the students in order to crack the exam in the first attempt.
There are many frequently asked AIIMS GK questions. Let us look at some of the topics on which these questions can come.
- Questions on Nobel Prizes, Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games
- Questions on Solar System
- Questions on National and International Politics
- Questions related to several books and authors
- Current Affairs
MTG Publications have published several books that the students need in order to prepare for the exams. Students are advised to buy books from MTG publishers as the books include precise and concise content.
Now, let us see in-depth the AIIMS entrance exam syllabus. The subjects include Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Awareness.
1. Physics Syllabus:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
2. Chemistry Syllabus:
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- P – Block Elements
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- D and F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
3. Biology Syllabus:
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
This is the syllabus for the AIIMS entrance exam. Now, let us take a look at the exam pattern for the exam. The physics and chemistry section will comprise 45 questions each. The biology section will consist of around 90 questions in the exam. And as already mentioned above, the general knowledge section consists of 10 – 20 questions.
There are a total of 200 questions in the exam. The exam is of 720 marks. A student has to score 90% and above marks to qualify in the exams. The exam is computer-based which will be for 3 hours 30 minutes. Well, to prepare for the exams, various preparation strategies are required.
1. Students need to go through the exam syllabus which has been mentioned above in the essay. Once you know the syllabus, it will be easier to point out the topics that you want to begin with.
2. Focus on self–made notes. Self–study can do wonders while preparing for the exam. Students need to rely on their own notes. Focus on what is being taught in the class and take down the key-points. This will help the students in preparing for the exams in an efficient way.
3. Take short breaks while studying. Do not study at a stretch for 3 – 4 hours. Take some rest in between to refresh your mind. This will improve your concentration and focus while studying.
4. Buy the correct set of books as that is the most important part of preparation. Once you have the right amount of books, you can crack any exam in the first attempt. So, get yourselves the right set of books in order to prepare for the exams.
5. Make a time – table and follow it religiously. Setting up a schedule will help you in preparing for the exams in an efficient way. You will be able to complete your syllabus on time and will have ample time to revise. Thus, you must follow a time schedule to get good grades in the exams.
These are some of the tips that the students need to follow if they want to get good marks in the exams. The AIIMS exam is quite difficult, so students are advised to prepare accordingly.
The syllabus for general awareness for AIIMS 2020 is given above. Students can refer to the above-mentioned syllabus, tips and tricks in order to clear the examination in the first attempt. Thus, it is important for students to study efficiently in order to ace the exam.