The aspirants must have a clear strategy for the SSC CGL 2020. The SSC CGL 2020 preparation strategy must include regular practice of mock tests for English language and comprehension.
SSC CGL 2020 Strategy: Shuffling of Sentence Parts
Tips to solve questions on the shuffling of sentence parts are as follows:
- Read the sentence carefully.
- Identify the opening and closing statements from shuffled parts.
- Identify linking or transitional words like therefore, thus, that, which, etc.
- Arrange the options on the basis of the above process.
- Apply the elimination method.
- Re-read the arranged sentences for proper meaning and understanding.
God is so kind that
A: He not only
B: but also
C: gives positivity.
D: makes life simple.
Here the opening sentence must be ‘A’ and closing sentence may be ‘C’.
Here the linking word is ‘but’.
So according to this we shuffle the parts of the sentence and arrange them. The proper sequence will be ADBC.
God is so kind that he not only makes life simple but also gives positivity.
SSC CGL 2020 Strategy: Shuffling of sentences in a passage
When sentences in a passage are not in the right order than the shuffling of those sentences can be arranged by the following process:
- Read the paragraph carefully.
- Identify the opening and closing sentences in the paragraph.
- Mark the words which are used together like bread and butter.
- Identify the transitional words like otherwise, because, but, etc.
- Identify pronoun antecedents like which, that, those, etc.
- Arrange the sentences on the basis of the above process.
- Apply the elimination method on the options given.
- Re-read the sentences.
- Check the structure and logical flow of the paragraph.
SSC CGL 2020 Strategy: Cloze Passage
- A cloze passage is the one in which some words or part of passage may be missed or omitted. A cloze test can also be referred to as Fill in the blanks.
- Cloze passage questions are asked to check the understanding of candidates about the structure and meaning of English passage.
- To solve these types of questions candidates must learn plenty of vocabulary and practice the grammar rules on a regular basis.
Tips to solve questions on cloze passage:
- Read the passage carefully.
- Create the link with the flow of the sentence.
- Identify passage structure and flow of thoughts.
- Identify frequently used words, transitional words, and pronoun antecedents.
- Apply the eliminate method on chosen options.
- Use the option in the passage and check the flow.
- Re-read the passage for correct meaning and proper structural and logical flow.
Once, an old man lived _________a village with his wife. Every day, he ________ go to the forest to ____ wood. Her wife ________ prays to God __________ riches.
Once, an old man lived in a village with his wife. Every day, he would go to the forest to cut wood. Her wife often prays to God for riches.
All the best to all SSC CGL 2020 Aspirants !