1. What is 'net neutrality'?
a. Internet Service Providers and governments should treat all data on the internet equally
b. Piracy in internet must be curbed
c. Internet users must give out balanced opinions in social media sites
d. Internet should be kept free from malware and virus
2. Excise duty is levied on
a. sale of goods
b. production of goods
c. import of goods
d. export of goods
3. Golden Revolution in India refers to growth of:
a. Militancy in the northeast.
b. Oilseeds production
d. Increased importing of gold
SSC CGL tier 1 Exam : preparation strategy
4. Water is used in a hot water bag because
a. It is easily available
b. It has high specific gravity
c. It has high specific heat
d. It is a liquid substance
5. What is the meaning of "Public Interest Litigation"?
a. Anything of public interest
b. A case brought by victim to court, involving public interest.
c. A case brought by anyone to court involving public interest.
d. A directive issued by Supreme Court involving public interest
6. Who referred to Mahatma Gandhi as "Father of the Nation" for the first time?
a. Jawaharlal Nehru
b. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
c. C. Rajgopalachari
d. Subhash Chandra Bose
7. Which title, given by the British Government to Mahatma Gandhi, was surrendered during the non- cooperation movement?
a. Hind Kesari
b. Rai Bahadur
c. Rt. Honourable
8. The temperature of a liquid is 32° F. What is its temperature in Celsius scale?
a. 32° C
b. 0° C
c. 100° C
d. 212° C
9. The point where total mass of a body is supposed to be concentrated is known as
a. Dead center
b. Center of mass
c. Center of gravity
d. Center of motion
10. Which part of brain is also known as "little brain"?
11. Which organism is responsible for alcohol fermentation?
12. Which of the following groups of rivers have their source of origin in Tibet?
a. Brahmaputra, Indus & Sutlej
b. Ganga, Sutlej & Yamuna
c. Brahmaputra, Ganga & Sutlej
d. Chenab, Ravi & Sutlej
13. The ideal region for the cultivation of cotton in India is
a. The Brahmaputra Valley
b. The Deccan Plateau
c. The Indo-Gangetic Valley
d. The Rann of Kutch
14. Where do the electrical charges reside in a charged conductor?
a. at the core
b. throughout the body
c. depended upon the nature of the body
d. outer surface of the body
15. The color of the ocean appears to be blue because the sunlight falling on it is
16. In which mode can the computers that are associated send frames directly to each other?
a. Adhoc mode
b. Infrastructure mode
c. Structured mode
d. Anonymous mode
17. What was the immediate cause of the Mutiny of 1857?
a. The discontentment of the soldier’s
b. The use of greased cartridges in the new Enfield rifle
c. The social conditions of India
d. The introduction of railways and telegraphs
18. Who introduced the "Doctrine of Lapse" to expand British territories in India?
a. Lord Hastings
b. Lord Wellesley
c. Lord William Bentinck
d. Lord Dalhousie
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus - Exam Pattern
19. HRIDAY scheme launched by Urban Development Ministry aims at
a. Education of girl child
b. Development of smart cities
c. Urban sewage treatment
d. Development of heritage sites
20. Global warming is expected to result in
a. Increase in sea level
b. Change in crop pattern
c. Change in coastal line
d. All of these
21. Who appoints and dismisses the gazetted officials of the Union Government?
a. The President of India
b. The Prime Minister of India
c. The Home Minister of India
d. The Finance Minister of India
22. The industry having the largest investment in Indian Economy is.
23.Ajanta Ellora Caves are situated near which of the following cities?
a. Mount Abu
24. Which of the following is a name of US Parliament?
d. House of Commons
25. Charles Correa is a renowned Indian
a. Freedom fighter
c. Architect, urban planner
d. Award winning doctor
All The Best To All The SSC CGL 2020 Aspirants !