Comprehension is an unseen passage that you first need to read to understand its meaning, and then based on your understanding, you need to solve questions related to it.
The questionnaire is designed to test your linguistic knowledge, vocabulary, logical reasoning, power of connecting jumbled ideas, the flow of thought process, and the ability to conclude things.
As a result, a major part of most of the competitive exams like SCC CGL 2020 consist of reading comprehension. In other words, it can be interpreted as being an aspirant of any competitive exam; you need to focus on improving your skills to solve RC-based Q&A for cracking such exams.
In this article we are trying to improve your reading comprehension by giving proper guidelines and tips which will help you to crack SSC CGL 2020 exam
Tips for scoring better in reading comprehension:
• Read newspapers, editorials, magazines, books, novels daily
• Pay attention to synonyms (similar words) and antonyms (opposite words)
• Practice for making a summary of the passages
• Frame your own questions from the passages
• Calculate your reading speed and try to improve it
• Practice reading comprehensions from previous year question papers and monitor your time in
RC-based Q&A includes theme detection, passage completion, rearrangement of passage, deriving conclusion and more.
Theme detection is the identification of the primary subject of the passage, the creator is attempting to highlight. Remember, every passage can be summarized within a few statements and you need to select the most relevant statement from them as its theme or title.
• Read the whole passage twice
• Summarize it in your words
• Select the statement which provides you an overall idea
• Avoid option providing details on any fact or data
Passage completion means fill the given words in the passage which match the ideas of the author, without changing the true sense of the passage. Practicing questions on passage completion helps in improving your concentration, understanding, and marks in competitive exams
• Read the whole passage without missing any line
• Try to re-write the message it conveys in your own words
• Read the options carefully and try to match with your subject-line
• Eliminate the totally mismatched options
• Try to fit the options, left after elimination at the missing space
• Check and complete the continuity of the passage after imputing the option
Rearrangement of passage:
Rearrangement of passage means rearranging the order of the given sentences for a continuous and meaningful passage or paragraph. Most of the competitive papers include a minimum question on rearrangement to test the common sense and command of the applicant over the language.
• Find out the timeline of the passage to be rearranged by reading each given line carefully
• First, select the opening line and concluding lines from the options
• Arrange the remaining options based on the priority
• Rearrange the options and check the continuity and meaning of the paragraph
The deriving conclusion means to select the implied meaning of the passage that an author thinks to get across and included in it. It requires both comprehension and reasoning power.
• Read the passage carefully
• Find out the extract of it
• Read options and select the most one inferred meaning of the passage
That is it from our end. If you are interested in getting some amazing resources for helping you with reading comprehension then we at study24x7.com have got you covered! Check our website for more updates. and we are also here to upload all the important topic for SSC CGL 2020 Exam
All The Best To All The SSC CGL 2020 Aspirants !