SSC CGL 2020 Tier-1 exam will be conducted online from 2nd March to 11th March and since it is right around the corner, now is the time to start your preparation in full swing. If you haven't started your preparation yet and are confused about where to begin from, your best choice is Study 24X7. It provides a holistic approach to your preparation and will fulfill all your expectations.
Here is a detailed SSC CGL 2020 preparation strategy for you to crack the exam. But before that, you should be aware of the following details-
1. The tier-1 exam consists of 100 questions (25 questions from each section) and the time allotted is 60 minutes. Total marks are 200 (50 marks for each section) and a negative marking of 0.5 marks.
2. The four sections are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness.
3. The exam duration is of 80 minutes for visually handicapped candidates and those suffering from cerebral palsy.
4. Carefully go through the exam pattern and syllabus before you start creating your study plan.
Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
1. Master the basics first. Don't jump to learning the short-cuts. Once the basics are clear, it will become very easy to learn the short-cuts. Start with NCERT which will help immensely in understanding the basics and then move on to other reference books for practice. If you have any doubts, you can utilize the vast community of Study 24X7. You can simply post your doubt through the website or the app and you will start receiving replies from other aspirants in no time.
2. Short-cut methods are best to solve questions quickly without the use of pen and paper. They help in increasing the speed of doing the calculations and save a lot of time. One basic thing that you can do is learn tables, squares, cubes, square roots, and cube roots. This alone will improve your calculation speed drastically.
3. The other thing that you can do is join the live sessions of Study 24X7. The qualified teachers will not only help you in understanding the basics but will also teach you the short-cut tips and tricks specifically from the exam point of view.
4. Time management is key while preparing for this exam. While practicing, focus more on your weak areas and allot less time for areas that are strong. During the exam, attempt questions of your strong topics first. If you are unable to solve a question within one minute, do not waste time on that and move on to the next question. Study 24X7's courses and question bank go a long way in helping you to practice the questions. You can try the free version and later on buy the complete pack as per your needs. The questions are made according to the latest trend and patterns.
Strategy for Reasoning
1. You need to sharpen your logical reasoning ability since this section tests that skill. This can be done only through understanding the concepts and by practice. Study 24X7's live sessions and courses will take care of this. The sessions will clear your concepts and the courses will take care of questions to practice.
2. Read the question carefully and do not assume anything. Mostly the answer is in the question itself. You just need to use the most suitable trick while solving the question.
3. One trick that will come handy is memorizing the alphabetical order both in forward and reverse order. Many questions are based on alphabetical sequence and remembering the order will solve a lot of time. Remembering the numerical position of alphabets will also benefit you greatly.
Strategy for English Language and Comprehension
1. Since many questions are asked about meaning, synonyms, and antonyms, it is very important to improve your vocabulary. You can either install a dictionary on your smartphone or make use of flashcards. Both are effective methods to improve your vocabulary.
2. The live sessions of Study 24X7 will make sure that you have command over grammar which will eventually help you in the "Spot the error" and "Fill in the blanks" questions.
3. To crack the reading comprehension part, you need to have strong reading skills. If you have been reading for a long time, you don’t need to worry much but if you are out of reading practice, you need to start today. If you want to start light, you can read an interesting novel and then move on to reading newspapers, editorials and business magazines. Reading comprehension skills takes time to build so the earlier you start the better.
Strategy for General Awareness
1. Read the newspaper daily to improve your current affairs. Focus on those topics that are in the syllabus. Doing selective study will keep you focused and save time.
2. Make notes of what you read in the newspaper since it is not possible to keep newspapers for so many months. Notes will not only save time but the compact form will also be of great help during revision. Study 24X7's official YouTube
channel has videos of the latest happenings in India and around the world. These videos are relevant to the exam and contain important points that you can note down. New videos are being added every day and it is a great way to stay up-to-date about the events around the world.
3. The most important part of general awareness is revision. In other sections, you just need to understand the concept and practice. But in the general awareness section, new information is added every day and it gets difficult to retain everything. Revising regularly will solve this problem. Also, you can solve the quizzes provided by Study 24X7. It is a great way to retain information.
Study 24X7 can be your partner throughout your journey of SSC CGL 2020. You just need to utilize all the sources provided by it and keep practicing. All the best!
All The Best To All The SSC CGL 2020 Aspirants !