A group of national and state level exams which determines the eligibility of candidates for their appointment as teachers in central or state schools is called as a TET Exam (Teacher Eligibility Test). Qualified candidates become eligible to apply for one of the following posts:
- Primary Teachers (PRTs): For classes I-V
- Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs): For classes VI-X
- Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs): For classes XI-XII
TET Exam Date 2020:
The TET exam is held at both state and national level. Following are tentative TET exam date 2020 for some exams:
TET Exam Date 2020
22nd March 2020 (postponed)
8th April- 22nd April 2020 (Postponed)
11th April 2020 (Postponed)
5th July 2020
25th April 2020
22nd December 2020
11th April (Postponed)
UP Assistant Teacher
Second half of 2020
1st week of November 2020
10th May 2020
17th November 2020
TET Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Following is the basic TET Exam Eligibility Criteria for appearing in a TET exam:
- Graduation degree from a recognised university with minimum 45% marks
- Degree in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or complete any other prescribed teacher training programme/ course
- Age of candidate should be minimum 18 and maximum 35 years in age
TET Exam Vacancy:
Vacancies differ for every state conducting the TET exam, as well as at the national level. Following are official websites where you can check for vacancies once the exam notifications are out:
Andhra Pradesh TET
Himachal Pradesh TET
Jammu and Kashmir TET
Madhya Pradesh TET
Tamil Nadu TET
Uttar Pradesh TET
West Bengal TET
TET Exam 2020 Application Process:
The application process of the TET exam is different based on which one you are applying for. However, all of them will consist of the following basic steps:
- Visit the official website of the TET exam you want to apply for.
- Register online by entering personal and educational details.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the fees online. Please make sure you check for fees exemption, if applicable.
- Save details for further processes on the website, for example, downloading Admit Cards.
TET Exam 2020 Admit Card:
Admit cards will be released a few days/weeks before the exam. Please download the same from the respective official website mentioned above. Make sure you carry the same to the exam centre.
TET Salary Structure:
Salaries for TET exam qualified teachers differ from state to state, as well as the post applied for.
- For Post Graduate Teachers, the salary ranges from Rs. 9300- 34800, plus grade pay Rs. 4800.
- For Trained Graduate Teachers, the salary ranges from Rs. 10300- 34800, plus grade pay Rs. 4600.
- For Primary Teachers, the salary ranges from Rs. 5200- 39000, plus grade pay.
TET Exam 2020 Selection Process:
While each exam has its own process, the teacher eligibility tests mostly consist of two papers – Paper I and II. Candidates who want to teach class I-V have to appear for Paper-I and those who want to teach classes VI-VIII have to give Paper I. In case someone wants to teach Classes I-VIII, they have to give both papers.
Candidates must score a minimum of 60% to become TET qualified. This certification is valid for seven years.
A solid Teacher Eligibility Test Preparation guide is necessary for candidates to prrepare their best for the exam. To do so, they need to know the complete syllabus well. Common subjects tested in the exam are Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II and subjects that you will be teaching. Detailed TET syllabus will be available on the notification for each individual exam.
TET 2020 Exam Pattern:
Patterns for the different TET exams differ based on the exam you have applied for. However, they will have two papers – Paper I and II. Depending on which grades you want to teach, you would have to give one, or both papers. The papers usually contain around 150 MCQs, totalling 150 marks. The typical duration for each paper is 150 minutes.
Common sections in the paper are:
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Content and pedagogy of subjects candidate will be teaching
This was the complete TET Preparation guide that one should be aware of. Candidates should check the official website of the TET exam for latest updates. Good luck to all the aspirants!
Challenges in TET Exams 2020