If you have been fascinated by Indian Railways and wish to apply for a stable position there, RRB Group D openings would be a good opportunity to work in various departments and positions like Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant Pointsman, etc. Following are details about the entrance procedure for the RRB Group D service.
RRB Group D 2020 Exam Date:
RRB Group D exam dates will be announced after May or June 2020. The exam will most likely be scheduled at the end of 2020.
RRB Group D Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility Criteria for RRB Group D can be understood under three headers:
In order to be eligible, a candidate must be one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, and not more than 33 years of age. However, relaxation is given for candidates of certain categories, as given below:
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- PWD: 10 years
- PWD SC/ST: 15 years
3) Educational Qualification:
To be eligible for RRB Group D, a candidate must be:
- 10th Pass from an institution recognized by NCVT/SCVT or equivalent; or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT
- ITI is non-mandatory for Group D recruitment
RRB Group D 2020 Total Vacancy:
Zone-wise vacancy for RRB Group D 2020 is:
RRB Group D Application Process:
Following is the application process for the RRB Group D exam:
- Visit the official zone-wise website for applying online
- Fill up registration form
- Verify your phone number and email ID
- Pay application fees of Rs. 500 (for all except exempted category candidates). Exempted category candidates have to pay a fees of Rs. 250. PwBD / Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority Communities/ Economically Backward Class consist of exempted candidates.
RRB Group D Admit Card:
RRBs communicate the release of admit cards via verified SMS and emails of candidates. Admit cards are released 4-10 days before the date of exam. These will be available on the official RRB website of your zone.
RRB Group D Salary Structure:
Salary structure for the RRB Group D service is as follows:
RRB Group D Selection Process:
The selection for RRB Group D is done through a written Computer Based Test (CBD). Candidates who clear the CBD then undergo a Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and document verification.
Following are the minimum qualifying marks for various categories:
- UR: 40%
- EWS: 40%
- OBC (Non-creamy layer): 30%
- SC/ST: 30%
- PwBD: Relaxation of above by 2%
RRB Group D 2020 Exam Syllabus:
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Ratio and Proportion
- Number system
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Statistics
- Square root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical operations
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagram
- Life Sciences
- Current affairs in Science & Technology
RRB Group D Exam 2020 Pattern:
Pattern for the two stages are as follows:
CBT (Written Test):
The duration of this test is 90 minutes. The time for PwBD candidates is extended by 30 minutes, to a total of 120 minutes. There is negative marking of -0.3 for incorrect answers.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
For Male Candidates:
- Lift and carry a weight of 35 kg for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one go without putting the weight down.
- Run a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one go.
For Female Candidates:
- Lift and carry a weight of 20 kg for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one go without putting the weight down.
- Run a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one go.
RRB Group D 2020 Cut Off:
The RRB Group D cut off for each year is released zone-wise along with the RRB Group D result. The cut off depends on the number of candidates and vacancies, along with the difficulty level of the exam. There are different cut offs for different candidate categories. As examples, the cut offs for Ajmer and Allahabad in 2018-19 were: