soyab khan - Study24x7
study24x7
study24x7
soyab khan
Connections 64
Followers 78
Following 66
  • Profile
  • About
  • Connections
About

soyab khan shared post from Topline Coaching

Q. Directions:- In the following questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase printed in bold in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.

Scientific knowledge is no longer a closed book in this 21st century

A

an unopened book

B

a covered book

C

a mystery

D

a mysterious book

study24x7
Write a comment
soyab khan shared post from Topline Coaching

Q. Directions:- In the following questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase printed in bold in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.

It takes a month of Sundays to chop all that wood.

A

a short period

B

no time

C

a long time

D

a special Sunday

study24x7
Write a comment
soyab khan shared post from SSC CGL 2020 Preparation Strategies & Study Materials

The HCF and LCM of two numbers are 13 and 455 respectively. If one of the numbers lies between 75 and 125 then, that number is :

A

78

B

91

C

104

D

117

study24x7
Write a comment
soyab khan shared post from SSC CGL 2020 Preparation Strategies & Study Materials

The LCM of two numbers is 864 and their HCF is 144. If one of the numbers is 288, the other number is :

A

576

B

1296

C

432

D

144

study24x7
Write a comment
soyab khan shared post from SSC CGL 2020 Preparation Strategies & Study Materials

A boy was asked to multiply a certain number by 50. He multiplied it by 30 and got his answer less than the correct one by 400. The number to be multiplied was:

A

10

B

20

C

30

D

40

study24x7
Write a comment

#CIVIL ENGINEERING
A canal has designed to supply the irrigation needs of 1000 ha of land growing rise of 140 days base period and having a delta of 126 em. If the canal water is used to irrigate wheat of base period 120 days and having a delta of 60cm, the area that can be irrigated is

A

1600 ha

B

2000 ha

C

1800 ha

D

2200 ha

study24x7
Write a comment
  • anshu mishra
  • Mechanical

    The water utilized by plants is available in the form of

    A

    Hydroscopic water

    B

    Gravity water

    C

    Chemical water

    D

    Capillary water

    study24x7
    Write a comment

    #CIVIL ENGINEERING
    Water present in an artesian aquifer is usually

    A

    At 0.5 time of the atmospheric pressure

    B

    Above atmospheric pressure

    C

    At sub atmospheric pressure

    D

    At atmospheric pressure

    study24x7
    Write a comment

    #CIVIL ENGINEERING

    Discharge per unit drawdown at a well is called

    A

    Specific capacity

    B

    Specific storage

    C

    Specific yield

    D

    None of the above

    study24x7
    Write a comment

    #CIVIL ENGINEERING
    A catchment consists of 40% area with run-off coefficient 0.30 with the remaining 60% area with run-off coefficient 0.50. The equivalent run-off coefficient will be

    A

    0.38

    B

    0.42

    C

    0.48

    D

    0.52

    study24x7
    Write a comment